Thursday, March 3, 2011

images

people fall in love with images. when i give you roses, you'll take a snapshot of a moment and use it to define me. when i raise my voice and lose you for a second, you'll take a picture of me, and use it against me when you begin to weigh your options. i wonder how many images you will take of me. i wonder which of them will tip the scales, either in my favor or our end. i hope you will see that i am not just one or many images of one kind, but that i am all of them. romantic and all. anger and all. kisses on the forehead and all. the silent treatment and all. sins and all. the bad images will always outweigh the good and you will look for others, who only show you their best side, you will choose to see their best side and ignore the bad because you find comfort in knowing that at least those images won't be of me.

No comments: