Monday, April 25, 2011

idolatry

forgive me, Lord. i thought that by believing in the rightness of doctrine that i was safe.
so instead of lovingly correcting or pointing out mistakes for Your sake and the sake of Your Church, i took joy in ridiculing those who were wrong.

i forgot, i refused to believe that the Scriptures pointed to You. instead of rejoicing in the person of Jesus Christ, i rejoiced in my knowledge. instead of loving my brothers and sisters, i judged them as inferior. instead of praying that they would turn to You and do everything for Your glory, i delighted in their mistakes, in the lack of insight because i was lacking. i was missing.

i replaced You with words on a page. i replaced You with knowledge. i replaced the joy of my salvation for vainglory. i'm sorry. please, forgive me. there is You and only You matter.

No comments: